Sunday, September 28, 2008

Winters A Coming

Mornings are a little crisper. Ice crystals are on the car windows in the early morning. You don't linger getting to the car in the morning. It all didn't really hit me until I looked up at the mountains and noticed that the snow is slowly making it's way farther down the mountain sides. It is no longer just at the very peaks and in the deep shadowed crevices. Sadly, summer is over. Fall is coming and going in the blink of an eye. Actually, I don't think that you can say we had a fall. The weather went from summer (such as it was) right to winter.

Some say we'll have snow in Anchorage by Oct. 10th. Some are forecasting a bad winter this year. All I know is, it's going to be cold and more snow than I've seen in a few years. I just moved back up here from North Carolina where the snow hasn't gotten deeper than a few inches in the 9 years that I lived there. It was in 1994 that I last was up here. So my blood is going to have to thicken up a bit.
They are calling for high temps of upper 40's this coming week. I think that I'll throw another blanket on the bed tonight. Well, I was tired of the heat in NC so I'll definitely get cooled off!

2 comments:

Cjjstrings Memories said...

ut looking pretty cold up in the mountains.

Dusty Jones said...

We had snow in town yesterday. Tried to stick but didn't. Brrrr.

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories