Monday, August 4, 2008

Northern Lights


I've had a lot of people ask me about the Northern Lights up here in Alaska. So I thought I'd post a few pics to show everyone just how beautiful they can be. This first picture shows the bright fluorescent green color that most people hear about or see in pictures in magazines.




I thought this picture was really neat because of how bright the northern lights are even with the city lights.




This picture has a really spooky feeling to it. The first time you see the northern lights in real life, you get an end of the world feeling. You feel like your in the twilight zone for sure. It is definately an awe inspiring sight. One of natures real things of beauty that will take your breath away.
The northern lights are usually visible from Sept to Oct and Mar to Apr.



Click on Images for larger picture




No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories